Divine Ornate Mirror

I am so excited. I have been on the lookout for an ornate mirror that was either white or paintable for about 2 years. You can easily buy ornate silver and gold mirrors for around $500-700 but I didn't want to spend that sort of money and then have to paint the mirror white.

Last week I found this beauty at an auction. I was the only one bidding and snagged it for $60. It is made from timber and plaster and is in wonderful condition. There is a little bit on plaster missing from one of the scrolls.

Divine Ornate Mirror
I quite liked the cream and brown on the moldings but would never have been able to live with the rest of the brown. So I whipped out the undercoat and white paint and here it is now. Notice the beveled edge on the mirror. I am undecided of where the mirror will hang. Most probably over the French sideboard in the dining room.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Ornate Mirror - Theme from Nordic Themepark.