Ornate Mirror Becomes a Chalkboard

First of all, my Desk Make Over was chosen as a favorite at Kimba's DIY Day and my post on Rub On Poly & Glazing Techniques was featured at Funky Junk Interior's Featuring You Series. It is always so encouraging to know that my work, tips, and posts are appreciated! Thank you so much! I purchased this mirror a few weeks ago for $5.00 at a thrift store...or was it a yard sale...all of this junking becomes a blur after a while. 

First of all, it needed a good cleaning. I then removed the mirror from the frame to apply a Spray Primer by Krylon followed by two coats of a White Satin spray. I really liked this piece as a mirror, but thought it would look cool as a chalk board as well. 

I can simply flip it over to reveal the mirror side when I want to. I love versatility! So, here's how it turned out. This frame is just to die for! I love the curves and scrolls. You can spray any frame and insert a chalk board, but it's the shape of this frame that really makes it a special piece. 

Keep an eye out for a detailed frame and you can easily reproduce this look. Make sure you come back tomorrow for Furniture Feature Friday! In my post tomorrow I will show what the giveaway will be in order to provide some incentive and I have a great feature in store for you. If you love furniture makeovers, become a follower, grab a button, and spread the word! 

From: decor-and-decoration

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Ornate Mirror - Theme from Nordic Themepark.